Holiday Food Baskets
The House of Peace provides central city families in need with food baskets that contain all the fixings for a holiday meal, complete with a turkey so they are able to prepare a festive meal in their home for their families.
We are always looking for partners who can assist us with this crucial ministry. Businesses, organizations, parishes, and schools are welcome to team an effort for a holiday food drive. Our sponsors.
Your group can collect food for the boxes we send home at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Your group can collect food for the boxes we send home at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Download a copy of our shopping list to share with others.
- We can deliver the food basket boxes to your church, workplace or school in sets of 25 strapped flat.
- At the completion of your food drive, your group fills the boxes. (The boxes have the list printed on the side to make filling them easy.)
- We return to pick up the filled boxes.
Learn more about the Holiday Food & Toy Drive in this short video.
We can provide a speaker and/or DVD that demonstrates the very real for our central city sisters and brothers for your "kick-off" or "wrap-up" events.
We can customize any of the materials available on our website for your group. Here are some sample materials you can use to encourage people to help donate food for a drive:
- Shopping List (pdf) for the Holiday Food Box--to print & distribute to your group
- Holiday Food & Toy Drive Flyer for Parish & School Religious Educators (pdf)
- General Flyer (pdf)
Please contact Mike George, Volunteer Coordinator, with any questions: 414.933.1300, ext. 20 or CapHolidayDrives@thecapuchins.org
Thank you to our House of Peace Holiday Food Box program sponsors!